Welcome to my world...




Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tidings of Comfort and Joy...Comfort and Joy!

Last week before all of the craziness began of shopping and Thanksgiving and company and parent/teacher conferences and Scholastic Book fair started, I found some time to get a little peace and sanity!

This first layout is another of Fancy Pants Wishful Thinking line.  When I finished with this one, I cut all of my remaining papers up for card making.  Erin got a Bible for her birthday this year, and she was just as delighted with it as she was with her Mobigo (video game system).  It really touched my heart she would be thrilled with having her own Bible.

Unfortunately, the picture of this layout isn't the best with that touchy November sun in the great up north, but you can get the gist of it.  On the bingo card, it had all of the digits of her birthday (7-20-10) so I used my new Big Bite to circle them up.  Fun!

I also dug into my Basic Grey stash for this layout from our jaunt to the pumpkin farm this past October.  We did the corn maze for the first time ever, and my hubby powered through that thing like no one's business.  They warned us before we started that it could take as long as 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes to complete.  He victoriously announced as we exited it that we had made it in 45 minutes!  Basic Grey's Origin's line was JUST perfect for these pictures and subject.

I included the map of the corn maze because it was pretty complicated--at least to me.  If I'd been the guide, we might still be wandering through there! 
Thanks for stopping by, and happy belated Thanksgiving.  Maybe I should be wishing you a Merry Early Christmas!!  :)  Wendy

2 comments:

Michelle said...

These are both so cool, Wendy!! The one of Erin matches her dress to a T!!! I love the design and how you cut the big heart and popped her bday. The sewing and flowers add some great texture. How wonderful she loves her new bible too. The other one is just as perfect!! Also such a great design as well as great pics!!

Heather Landry said...

I'm pretty sure that I bought my kids that same bible! I really love that layout. She is such a cutie! The corn maze one... I would've so been lost too. LOL You are lucky you had the help. I especially love the arrows and corrugated alphas on that one.

Post a Comment