Welcome to my world...




Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Don't Panic, but...

So, I don't have my LO of me as a new woman yet.  We'll get to that one of these days soon, hopefully.  But today what I do have is some friendly scrapping advice from my point of view.  Gosh, and you didn't even have to ask for my thoughts.  Lucky you!  :)
See this LO?  Yeah, this beach LO right here.  (You can make it larger and easier to see by clicking on it.)
This was a totally unplanned photo series.  Jon was trying to take posed shots of the girls, and we did get a few, but then they just went goofy.  Both of them dropped to the sand and began army crawling, commando style.  I thought they'd been outside in the heat maybe a little too long, but then Erin explained it to me, "Mommy!  We're sand swimming!"  Of course.  Sand swimming.  That is a perfectly normal thing to do on a daily basis.  In fact, I think it's up for consideration as a new Olympic sport!  Point being, have your camera handy.  Use it often.  That's the beauty of digital.  Shoot away, delete the misses and revel in the amazing shots of real life with a four year old and a seven year old. 
But, there's something else to see here.  I'm sure you noticed it right away.  What?  You didn't see it?  But, it's so obvious!  Look, it's right here:
Yeah!  There it is!  That big, glaring mistake I made when the layout was completely done, except for this brown dot border I was adding.  Blissfully dotting along my ruler, every 1 cm, and then I got distracted.  Believe it or not, it happens in a household with two children and dog.  I dotted in the wrong place.  With marker.  When the layout was basically done.  Okay, deep breath, Miss Type A.  No, honestly I didn't freak out, chuck the pages to the floor and burst into tears.  First, I tried to decide if I could just live with it.  Um, that'd be a big no.  So, then I considered my options.  White-out?  Nah, it's on a cream colored paper.  It'd look way too obvious.  Then, inspiration struck!  The border strip of the paper had the same pattern on it as the paper.  I took my smallest hole punch, cut a circle, and carefully glued it down over the errant dot.  Yay!  A solution I could live with.  Honestly, when I'm looking at the layout, I don't even notice that spot.  And that's pretty good for a detail person like me. 
So, if disaster strikes, take a deep breath.  There will surely be a way you can cover it up!  There's a life lesson for you....when you make a mistake, just cover it up, gloss it over and no one will ever notice. 
Unless you point it out in a close up on your blog, that is.  :)

2 comments:

Stacy Cohen said...

LOL . . . great fix!! I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I find a way to fix mistakes on my pages. I love your layout!

Kelly Massman said...

This is a beautiful layout! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Post a Comment